Home for the Holidays
As the holiday season approaches, I want to personally take this time to acknowledge our staff and thank them for their important contribution to this office and our community. I want to thank each and every one of our deputies and administrative staff for their hard work and encourage you to do the same when you see them.
Their hard work and dedication to our office and our community is something we are all very thankful for - not just during the holiday season, but all year-round.
I would also like to acknowledge our community for their tremendous support and efforts in helping make our parish a safer place to live and raise a family. We appreciate your input and assistance and are happy to know our website is an important information resource to so many of you.
Many of you will be driving to go home for the holidays. Please keep the following safety tips in mind while you travel:
- Buckle your seat belt always.
- Don't drink and drive - even one alcoholic drink can reduce your abilities and impair your judgment.
- Keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel - eating, changing music stations and digging for items on the floorboard or back seat can lead to distracted driving. Instead, pull over and take a break.
- Be courteous - because of the volume of vehicles on the road, you're bound to run into a few traffic jams, be cut off or be forced to stop short - please remain calm and courteous - don't let other drivers ruin your holidays
Have a safe and happy holiday season.
- Sheriff Gerald "Jerry" Turlich, Jr.